Sunday, May 19, 2013

A treasure awaits…


Let me tell you about one other classic that I also used to love to read. Before Disney ever thought of Pirates of the Caribbean; there was this other pirate adventure that touched many young ones imaginations. “Treasure Island” a true treasure of a book for anyone. I would read this book off and on when I had already made my rounds through the other books in my small but precious library. This story was about a boy and a one legged pirate on search of this mysterious island with an unbelievable treasure. Yeah I know the title says it all, but as it's often said, "It's not the destination but the journey that matters"! This book had it all, adventure in the high seas, sword fights, PIRATES and a map that many would die for (and many did). Once again this book would take me places I've never been or even thought of visiting. It provided escape and many afternoons of sword fighting with my brother on the branches of our mango tree in the back yard; which played the perfect role of a pirate ship if I may add. So if you can't afford a cruise this summer on the warm but turbulent waters of the Caribbean Sea pick up “Treasure Island”, it'll sure provide escape and adventure at an affordable price (rum not included).

No comments:

Post a Comment