Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Revenge is best served in words…


I have been talking a lot of adventure and fantasy, but what about those two things with a bit of revenge on the side? Yes I know, revenge is a bad thing. It doesn’t help anybody, most certainly oneself. However, how about getting your revenge without any guilt or anybody actually suffering? Now that would be good. Of course I’m talking about the classic book from Alexander Dumas, “The Count of Monte Cristo”. Talk about a dish best serve though classic literature. This story tells about a couple of friends that don’t really know each other. Dante is trusting and seems to have everything together and Fernand is jealous and conniving and takes everything (even his wife, snap!) from Dante. This is one of those books that teaches you that what goes around comes around. I won’t lie to you; this book is intense and long but captivating and suspenseful at the same time. I’ve recently taken on the endeavor to re-read it (in Spanish), and it’s waiting patiently for me to finish my quarter classes to take me on an adventure of revenge. “The Count of Monte Cristo” a true classic that everyone can enjoy without repercussions. So pick it up and take vengeance on those hot summer days coming up by forgetting the heat and enjoying the cold dish of revenge this book provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment